Dog is life / Jerusalem

Discuss everything else
Gus

Dog is life / Jerusalem

Post by Gus » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:20 am

http://www.songlyrics.com/the-fall/dog- ... 1899580613

This song is about the taking of New Amsterdam by King Charles II.

I will explain why.
I don't know whether the author of the song went from intuition, or from historical knowledge, but I understand it from historical backgrounds.

In the 1500's, Jews where persecuted all over Europe. Over here, on the main land of Europe/Western Asia. There was only one place in Europe, where the Jews where safe after a revolution: Amsterdam. The Jews where grateful bur their lives saved, and named Amsterdam, The New Jerusalem. This is visible now in the languages, because Dutch from Holland is the only language in our area, Britain, Germany, Scandinavia, France, where a Hebrew sound is used for the letter "g".

After the Jews named Amsterdam our New Jerusalem, the Dutch Republic negotiated with the original Americans over the Island of Manhattan, and would buy land there for refugees from Europe to move to. Our country was not big enough. The city that was build in and around Manhattan was named New Amsterdam. While Amsterdam was in fact, the New Jerusalem.

I was the fault of the Government, that King Charles the second would steal New Amsterdam, or New New Jerusalem, from the European Protestants. King Charles II was a papist, as any British history also reveals.. He renamed New New Jerusalem, New Amsterdam, into New York.

Jerusalem, in the song, is about the stealing of New York by the Government.
Not by the British people.
Oliver Cromwell was poisoned by the papists. And King Charles II hated Protestants, because his father was beheaded by Oliver Cromwell.

Thank you, British people.
I know, it was the fault of the Government.
I am not angry, Dog is Life proves the innocence of the British people.

Click here to listen to the song on Youtube
Kurious Oranj (from Holland)

john rooney

Re: Dog is life / Jerusalem

Post by john rooney » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:41 am

In fact...

''You never see a rabbit on a lead''

is a misprint and should have read....'' rabbi ''

Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:02 am

um.

well i think its open to interpretation personally.. gonna mean different things to different people at different times..

by some "massive coincidence" lol im talking about that in me latest session of wanging on about nothing.. er..

yeh i mean i like how he has become more obscure.. er..

yeh i mean i dont wanna be endlessly plugging me own stuff but im talking about meanings of lyrics and Mark E Smith and obscurity here if you are interested

http://www.spreaker.com/user/sidbarrett/obscurity

Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:08 am

erm i mean to kind of illustate my point, i just read that, and its not my favorite Fall song musically, but uh, the lyrics are astounding.. so beautiful..

and mean something completely different to me than what you just said. erm, i dunno my take on it is its something about personal responsibility and er.. hierarchy or pack animals.. i got a similar sorta viewpoint about that for example in wolf pack, i think men in particular have a kind of ranking type hierarchy where women are more sorta um.. um.. all encompassing or.. equal.. erm.. and erm.. something about left wing stuff or whatever.. and uh bdsm which i read into literally everything cos im so kinky.

so yeh i mean im sure if you asked him Mark would have a different interpretation, and probably many, depending possibly on how he felt that day or his erm perception of things or whatever :) i mean i cant speak for him obviously but thats how it is for me in any case :)

Gus

Post by Gus » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:37 am

Kinky?
I am not kinky, I doubt Mark is.
It sounds like some Metal interpretation, or maybe even, worse, Gothic.
If that insults you, you just insulted me also, by dragging lyrics down to "taste".
My apologies any ways, if I insulted you, although I had no intention NOT to do so.

The post I made was intended to inform.
If no one gets here smart enough to understand why information exchange was the purpose, and not expressing opinions, taste or interpretation, I will be willing to give another comment.
I may also comment on any smart explanation about interpretation, and maybe I should make an effort to explain:

Facts:
1. Orange in Britain refers to King William of Orange.
2. King William of Orange was not a King in his own country.
3. In the 1600's being a King was in Holland regarded as blasphemy.
4. You may find King Billy curious, but over here where he came from, he was a very clear statement.

So if the Fall makes an album named Kurious Oranj, the subject will be the Orange Order, the yearly Orange March in Northern Ireland, and all the history behind it. If I give historical facts about King William of Orange, than the NECK----TIE Orange Order folks is all I can find. In other words, papists believing to be protestant, that is also a problem in my country, USA and also in Britain, while Neckties are invented by the Croats and made into fashion by the hip priest King Louis 14th, than this has nothing to do with The Fall. But with the lyrics. And I am grateful for that The Fall can make a living from it, but the text is strong, genius and great, because it contains truth. Truth = facts. Interpretation can be fun for folks that don't understand what they see or hear. But it sounds okay, because it connects to their consciousness, because of the truth in it. That they than can perceive from an almost sub conscious level.

And what I just said about Protestantism, I saw it referred to in many texts from The Fall.
Maybe Mark does not understand it himself, he just puts words down from noises he hears in the pubs.
Doesn't matter, I even can forgive sometimes Orange Order members wearing a Neck----Tie, after having figured out that such papist fashion is obligated in British schools, while schools are also obligated. I can forgive, I must forgive, but this will not hold back my defense of the truth.
Kurious Oranj (from Holland)

Smartsquaddie

Post by Smartsquaddie » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:21 am

Gus I think thats just yr take upon the lyric.
I reckon its more of a reclemation of the Blake lyric from the public school rupert types who render it insipid.
Also a paen to taking responsability for yr own life and how he loves the vermin that can fill a house with scent of shit.

Smartsquaddie

Post by Smartsquaddie » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:22 am

Ever see a cat protect a child?.
Cats are just clawed bags of shit.